Planning a bachelorette party?
We’ve got you covered! Whether you’re the bride, the maid of honor or the one who’s known for throwing the best parties every time, let this be your go-to guide for all things bachelorette. We’ve broken it down into steps to make it more manageable so you can focus on what’s really important here: figuring out the hashtag for the weekend!
Step 1: Make a guest list and double-check to confirm everyone is accounted for.
Step 2: Pick the location. Some popular destinations…
- The Bahamas
- Nashville (aka Nash Vegas!)
- The Hamptons… especially Montauk!
- Las Vegas
- New Orleans
- Park City
Step 3: Do your research! Ask yourself some questions, like:
What are you looking for? What about this place stands out to you?
Are you trying to have a party weekend and get crazy? Bonding weekend? Looking to stay at the spa? Maybe you’re doing a joint party with the groom, too? Regardless, hammer these details out upfront.
Where are you comfortable asking people to travel to and spend?
Will it be a long weekend or just two nights? Do you plan on having everyone pay for themselves? Or are you covering any of the expenses? For example, sometimes the bride will pay for the stay and guests pay for the rest.
- Hot Tip: Give people enough advance notice so that the flights are less expensive. Look for group deals to make everyone even happier.
Who is planning the party?
You? A sibling? The MOH? Make sure everyone else knows who is in charge to avoid any confusion.
Where are you staying? How are you getting around?
Look into all the options like renting a house through AirBnB, going the hotel route or even finding an all-inclusive resort.
- Hot Tip: Make sure where you’re staying is close to the bars, restaurants, and the scene. Sometimes great “deals” are super cheap for a reason and you end up paying more on transportation to get you to and from everywhere because you’re so far away!
What are the best places to visit and where should we eat in the area?
What do people come here to do? Should we do something tourist-y? How into the local cuisine are we going to get?
- Hot Tip: Look for spots that are great for groups. Don’t base your decisions off of the website alone – make sure to call and ask questions. Utilize social media! Instagram and The Infatuation are great resources.
Make a plan A, B, and C. If plans A and B don’t work out, when you’re responsible for a big group, a plan C is almost always necessary!
Account for the weather, hangovers, snacks, etc.
Step 4: Decor
Is there a hashtag? Snapchat filter?
Are you coordinating a theme?
How about ordering custom matching merch?
- Hot tip: Order custom decor from Etsy with your hashtag or logo on it! BatchBash is also a great resource that helps you get all the goods.
Instead of being too matchy-matchy with shirts, hats, sunnies and more, do you want a day where people coordinate outfits? For example, the bride wears all white and the guests wear all black? This always makes for a great photo op and a fun way to stand out.
Are you making goodie bags?
We love a first aid kit with all the hangover essentials!
Step 5: ENJOY!
In order to really make the most of this weekend, be crystal clear about the financial aspect as much as possible BEFORE everyone arrives. Make sure everyone knows what they are responsible for and how you will be collecting the money. We cannot stress this enough! Once these details are sorted out and everyone is on the same page, get ready for all the fun! Give your bride a weekend she will truly love and remember… because that’s what this is all about!
PS: *These are editorially selected, but if you purchase, Something Navy may get something in return. Thanks.