I went on a hunt for the best Pizza in NYC. Here is a roundup of what I found:
Artichoke Basille Pizza
I have been known by friends to be the one who will ALWAYS make an effort to end the night with Artichoke Pizza. If one is not close enough, I find a way to travel there or will order from Postmates or Seamless. Regardless of how heavy it is; I always convince myself I have room for the second slice and no, it is not something that I regret the morning after!
Location: 321 E 14th St, New York, NY 10003
What I order: Artichoke Slice
- There is usually some sort of wait
- Heavy pizza may not be for everyone
- ALWAYS hits the spot
- There are artichokes in it so slightly healthy (right?!)
- Great casual place to go with friends
Tappo Thin Crust
I love ordering this in for lunch at the SN office. You can completely customize a slice (yes, I said slice)! This is usually followed by the quinoa avocado salad topped with grilled chicken for a well balanced meal.
Location: 49 W 24th St, New York, NY 10010
What I order: Plain with onions or white pizza with truffle oil
- The slices are thin and ideally, you would want more than one to fill you
- Light enough for a work day and the restaurant has other great menu options
My second favorite late night spot for pizza or eating solo after a night out. I undoubtedly, always end up with this in my apartment if I am going home alone and am craving pizza since it was right near my last apartment and they have SO many options.
Location: 607 2nd Ave, New York, NY 10016
What I order: Pesto slice or penne vodka slice
- Vodka slice is very heavy and hard to finish
- A ton of seating
- Variation in slices
- Always fun people to talk to there that you did not go with
Famous Original Ray’s Pizza
A go to of mine when Arielle was pregnant and we ordered in an entire pie for the two of us during work for lunch along with the house salad (the dressing is insane).
Location: 2 St Marks Pl, New York, NY 10003
What I order: Plain pie
- Not that close to my apartment
- Great for a plain slice whenever needed